Who We Are
We are a privately owned, progressive veterinary ophthalmology practice offering comprehensive evaluations, advanced diagnostics (ERG, Gonioscopy, Ocular Ultrasound, etc.) and both medical and surgical therapies (Ciliary Body Ablation, Cryoepilation, Phacoemulsfications, etc.) for our patients. Established in 2013, Integrative Ophthalmology for Pets started out by renting space from various general practice animal clinics in order to have room for exams. As our clientele grew, so did our company. We have moved from renting exam rooms to having our own location near the heart of the Mid-Wilshire district.
Our services include a wide range of integrative therapies, mixing Eastern and Western medical recommendations for our patients. We also promote general ocular wellness and food therapy based on Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM).
Our Mission Statement
To create a balanced and preventative ocular health care plan based on a thorough ophthalmic examination and recognition of each patient as a whole and unique individual.
We intend to reinforce our commitment daily by:
- Honoring the relationship between our clients and their pets
- Providing the highest quality ophthalmic care and actively engaging clients in their pet’s health care treatment plan
- Promoting education about veterinary ophthalmology and preventative care
- Integrating conventional (‘Western’) and complementary (‘Eastern’) therapies when indicated and appropriate
- Cultivating a positive atmosphere and always maintaining our integrity
- I highly recommend Dr. Park! My senior Pekingese has multiple eye issues and we feel in great hands with Dr. Park. She is very responsive. She considers all care options and doesn't pressure you into doing something you don't want to do. She is also responsibly priced. I was spending much more at the regular vet to look after his eye and they were not able to help the way Dr. Park does.Leah G.1/20/2018
- I have nothing but amazing things to say about this place. I've taken my Pugs a few times and I was recommended by another pug owner and I can't rave enough about not only the way Dr Park has been able to help us cure and manage some issues on our dog, but also the amazing service, friendliness and overall care she puts to what she does. I would never take my dogs anywhere else!Dan C.2/26/2020
- We have been seeing Dr. Parks for over two years now. Our Gracie has glaucoma, S.A.R.D.S and numerous other eye issues. She is now blind, but doing well thanks the Dr. parks. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. She is so vary kind and compassionate. You will receive a letter on your visit, so when you get home you won't have to remember everything, it will be almost word for word. Vary highly recommendDavid S.1/05/2019
- This review is long overdue!!!
A few years ago my beautiful dog Gizmoe was put under anesthesia for an ear infection. The sedation caused a Severe issue in his left eye. I sought the opinion of 3 veterinarians who all concluded that he had conjunctivitis, but my intuition kept telling me I needed to seek a 4th opinion. I did my research and came across integrative ophthalmology.
I contacted the office to schedule an appointment for gizmoe to be seen but Dr. Park was completely booked for the next month or so ( of course she was , she is the best of the best), but thankfully there was a last minute cancellation. Dr. Park was so kind and welcoming. You can immediately see her love for animals. She examined my gizmoe and diagnosed him with a severe eye ulcer. Gizmoe's eye could rupture at any point in time . Surgery wasn't an option as my fur baby had heart disease, so Dr. Park instead created a custom plan for Gizmoe's ulcer . She prescribed medication and Chinese supplements that would be given at home . Not only did Dr. Park explain everything in great detail, but she gave me hope that my gizmoe would be ok , as I was so stressed fearing the worst . Within two weeks I started to see improvement in my babies eye. The ulcer was closing little by little . Dr. Park saved my gizmoes eye. I can't thank Dr. park and her staff enough !!! Those who know me know that gizmoe was my world!! He passed away a month ago from heart disease but I have comfort in knowing, he had the best Doctors! Dr. Park I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you did for my gizmoe. Thank you for going above and beyond for your patients !!! There aren't enough words to express my gratitude !!!
- liann .Liann V.3/11/2022
- I had previously written a review of Dr. Park and Integrative Opthamology But I needed to edit it and Yelp does not allow you to edit your reviews once they are posted. My last review was written in March of 2018, and I gave Dr. Park and her team 5-stars then, and I continue to give them 5 stars. When it comes to eyes, you have to go to the best, which is why my Daisy is still a patient there. Daisy has cataracts, and unfortunately they have only gotten worse, despite the drops we've been using. I was hoping to not have to consider surgery but I can see that Dr. Park believes this is the best option. I thought she did the surgeries herself, but instead gave me the names of surgeons in the area, I believe she WILL be doing surgeries in the future so if we can wait, we will. Her office is very modern, and you can tell she keeps abreast of the newest technologies and equipment available. I believe she also keeps up with new research all of the time. She and her staff are so good with my dog, who is afraid of everyone, including her own shadow. They spoke to her in a soft voice and handled her gently. This means the world to me!
She is pricey, but she is a specialist, and deserving of her rates. lf you want the best for your dog, you've come to the right place!Mitzi S.6/01/2019
- Dr. Park is AMAZING! She is the sweetest, most informative vet we have taken our pet too. I first called her up for basic information about entropion eye surgery, as we thought our pet was going to be needing it, and much to my surprise she was the one that actually answered the phone! She was very sweet and informative over the phone about what entropion meant and asked to know more about my pup, which made me feel so much more comfortable with the process. I knew right then and there that that was the kind of vet we wanted our little Rosie to.
Making an appointment with her was very easy! It was clear she knew exactly what she was doing and what was best for our girl. Our little one is timid, but was able to relax during the intrusive eye exams. We were so proud!
Dr. Park is the best out there! All the reviews speak for her demeanor and talent! Love her and her work.Denise M.1/17/2018
- I have been coming here for a few years now and Dr. Park and staff are amazing. It's not easy dealing with your dogs eye issues but she is super knowledgeable yet explains to you in simple terms. Very friendly office. Yes it's expensive but so are specialists for humans.Aladdin S.6/01/2022
- Well where do I start? It has been a long journey with my dog but Dr.Park has been amazing she has gone above and beyond to help out my dog chai get better from last minute appointments to two surgery's.She has done everything possible to make my dog feel better looks like he is finally in the road to recovery fingers and paws cross. I know I can count on her if I encounter a problem with him. She will do anything possible to add me in her scheduled and help me out even If it's last minute. Thank you Dr. Park for not giving up on him we are truly blessed to have found you. People don't waist your time going elsewhere she is amazing,loving and passionate about animals. She will take the time and love with your pet I'm so grateful to have found her for my dogs needs. Thank you
Again for your time and dedication with my pupKendra S.8/01/2017
- Nancy Parc was by far the best Dr. that has ever taken care of my 9 year old French Bulldog named Tonic. Years have gone by where I have been ripped off and scammed by Veterinarians by running unnecessary tests and racking up large bills for treatments AND not giving me honest answers to why the symptoms have occurred. We love our pets and will do anything to make them better. Today, May 2nd 2018, Nancy Park not only began a treatment for him, she gave me great advice on foods for his diet and advice regarding allergy tests and was extremely thorough. I have never met someone a great as her. I highly recommend going to her if your pet is having any eye issues. The last doctor I saw didn't even care and told me incorrect answers. You can see that Nancy Parc cares. Thank youKurt B.5/02/2018
- This review is being written on 4/23/21.
Dr. Park and her staff are fantastic. After getting a strong recommendation from another patient's owner, this was the first visit for our 3-year old Winnie. We were worried that he may have suffered an eye injury and wanted the peace of mind of a thorough eye examination.
The registration process online was very easy, and the gentleman at the front desk (Joe) was most helpful and accommodating.
Winnie and I showed up for his appointment, and all of the COVID safety protocols were followed. I'm vaccinated and don't have any concerns about COVID, but if I did, they would have been quickly put to rest by the clear directions and the procedures followed by Dr. Park's team.
On to the visit.... Dr. Park called me while she was examining Winnie. Fortunately, she found nothing major with which to be concerned. She is extremely knowledgeable, experienced, thorough, and CARING!! It was obvious that she considers not just the eyes, but the overall health of the animals she treats...a truly holistic approach. I was very impressed by her professionalism and detailed explanations of every procedure, finding, and numerous tips to keep in mind in keeping our furry friend healthy for the long term.
Final point: Dr. Park's staff's concern and love for animals is obvious and very comforting. Especially for the first visit, you're leaving your beloved pet in the hands of strangers with a large degree of trust, and also don't want your pet to be anxious. I was very reassured by the way the team treated Winnie and made him feel comfortable. Huge relief.
If I could give Dr. Park and her team 15 stars out of 10, they would deserve them all. Winnie will be back for his routine eye checkups! Thanks to all. Fabulous experience.
- I wish all veterinarians were more like Dr. Nancy Park. The first thing you notice upon meeting Dr. Park is her sagacity...she is professional, wise, knowledgable and confident which instills a feeling of trust that is so important when dealing with your special companion. Besides these qualities, she is also very caring, loving, and patient with my dog, which means the world to me. My sweet little dog, Daisy, is going blind and I'm more than grateful to have Dr. Park in our corner, holding our hands and guiding us through this difficult process. Can't recommend her more highly!lMitzi Spallas12/08/2019
- I should have written this some time ago as my dog saw Dr. Park pre-Covid. Anyway, Dr. Park was fantastic. Quickly diagnosed my dog's issue and got him on the path to being well. Very grateful for her expertise.Amy A.7/20/2021
- Last week, we decided to see an ophthalmologist for our one-year old kitten Leo, who had been possibly having some kind of eye infection and cloudy discharge from his left eye on and off since we adopted him last summer. Our primary veterinarian recommended 3 ophthalmologists and we chose Integrative Ophthalmology For Pets. I'm soooo glad we did!!!
During the pandemic of COVID-19 and stay-at-home order, they are taking meticulous safety measures for everyone! The ophthalmologist who examined Leo's eye was Dr. Jennifer Sheahan. I am extremely picky and judgemental when it comes to a veterinarian because I only want the very best for my baby. But trust me, SHE IS THE VERY BEST. Period.
Dr. Sheahan explained everything in such an easy way for me to understand, answered all my questions, and offered treatment options and medications, but never once did she pressure me to do anything unnecessary. I greatly appreciated her straight-forwardness and thoughtfulness. She offered professional opinions and respected my decisions as well. After a few minutes of phone conversation, I was 100% convinced that Leo and I had met a super ophthalmologist!
Along with Leo's meditations, I received the comprehensive "Medication Sheet" with detailed instructions and preventative care measures! Not only that, Dr. Sheahan kindly sent me such an incredibly detailed "Visit Summary" which consisted of diagnostics, assessment, additional information, food therapy options and treatment plans -- ALL PERSONALIZED FOR LEO!!! These pages of medical reports carefully and thoroughly written by Dr. Sheahan just blew my mind... I had never, ever received anything like this from any other veterinarian!
Not only that (again), Dr. Sheahan kindly called me a few days later and asked me how Leo was doing! She had such a heart-warming, kind, personable conversation with me about Leo, and I truly appreciated it. She has a lot other patients but her professionalism and kindness made me feel as if Leo was her only special patient!
Thank you very much Dr. Sheahan, for such a loving, professional care for our kitten Leo. He is doing better and we will see you in 2 weeks for checkup! :)Yuki N.5/04/2020
- Dr. Park is wonderful, extremely caring, and amazing at what she does. My dog, Jake, has been to her twice. Once for preventive and a second time because he had green stuff coming out his one eye. I highly recommend going to see her for the wellness preventive exam. It's very decently priced and she goes over the eyes and how to take care of them (and she foresees any future problems-- so it actually saves you money in the long run.)
Both times, Dr. Park spends the time to answer all my questions and she is very thorough. She has a background in Eastern medicine so she gives amazing food advice as well.A S.4/26/2016
- The vet has some concerns with the eyes of our soon-to-be 13 year old dog. After debating taking her to a specialist and researching ophthalmologist options, I was not only convinced to make an appointment for her, but felt like I had found the perfect place to take my little girl and I was right! The paperwork you fill out online prior to the appointment is very thorough, which to me signaled that they cared about her diet, environment, and medical background. Since the appointment was during Covid, they had the amazing option for me to join her exam via Zoom from my vehicle so the doctor could walk me through everything and answer my questions along the way. It was an amazing experience - from the clear instructions to passing her off, getting connected, and following along during the exam with the comprehensive folder they provided that included information to review while they were getting set up, a detailed eye chart for me to review exactly what the doctor was discussing, a note pad and pen for me to write down any questions or information provided to me, and post-exam information. The vet tech re-connected via Zoom after the exam to further discuss medication options, follow up appointments, etc. They were very patient with my dog throughout the exam and with me by answering questions I had throughout the process. I really appreciated the attention given to both me as the caretaker and of my dog before, during, and after the appointment. I loved that there were medicinal and more natural approaches discussed, that I was provided options for her care, and that other factors such as diet were discussed as well. She goes back in a couple of days for her follow up. I've been very excited to see how well she has reacted to treatments for what turned out to be a diagnosis of dry eyes. I'm so glad I took her in - she is in excellent hands with the team here!Elizabeth W.3/03/2021
- We had an awesome experience. Our appointment was at 2:30. We arrive 15 minutes early and parked in one of the assigned parking spots. Melissa, the vet tech, was lovely and took our info/symptoms, and set us up for the zoom call with the vet. She took my dog Roca in at exactly 230, on time!!!. Dr. Park was clear, concise, and kind. I knew exactly what she was doing as she examined Roca and by the end of the meeting, I knew exactly what I needed to do for my girl's eyes. Dr. Park even had Melissa stay on the zoom call after the appointment to demonstrate ways I could more easily get the eyedrops into my dog's eyes. We had all of my pup's medications in hand, my payment processed, ready to leave the parking lot by 3:10 PM.Beth K.11/20/2021
- My 12 year old lab has very cloudy and reflective eyes and just recently started having trouble seeing at night. I was hoping that the issue was cataracts and I researched the best ophthalmologist in a 100 mile radius from me in Orange County and came across Dr. Park.
I loved her office. It is very zen like and my dog didn't even notice we were at the vet. On top of the atmosphere, her staff was incredibly nice. I have never met such friendly and helpful people at a vet's office before. One even went as far as to help charge my phone that was running out of battery after the drive up from the OC.
Dr. Park and her staff were very gentle and helped calm my dog who is very anxious at the vet. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do about my dog's eyes, she has a genetic condition, but she gave us references for some fantastic supplements to try and diet changes to slow down the progression of her eventual blindness. We will be back in a year to have her eyes checked again. Hopefully, we can improve or stop the progression.
Thank you to Dr. Park and her staff for taking great care of my dog.D.S. T.1/13/2019
- I was blessed to find Dr. Park for my dog's eye problem. She was so knowledgeable, kind and professional. I would recommend her to anyone needing an expert!Candace Culp1/20/2020
- I have two doggos that actually come to Dr. Park. I first came across her when I was searching for ophthalmologists on yelp since one of my dogs has a dry eye condition that wasn't getting any better from our regular veterinary care. It's been about 5 months since my doggo has been under her care and my husband and I have seen so much improvement! My primary vet kept telling me his eye was infected and gave him all these eye drops and antibiotics, ugh I am still pissed about it but when we came to Dr. Park she clearly said it's not infected and gave him the right treatment plan. I'm glad he is doing so much better now. My other dog also had a mass/wart sort of thing coming out from her eyelid and recently had a procedure to get it removed. I am definitely one of those crazy dog moms out there so it's a lot for me to trust someone with my babies. Dr. Park has great bedside manner - a very gentle and sweet woman that explains things thoroughly. I also like that she has in-depth questionnaires about your dog and you can see what kind of element your dog is, "water" "fire", etc. and how their diet is the first step in bettering their health. She actually got us to switch to human-grade food and not kibbles and we've also seen improvement in their stool and overall energy. I would definitely recommend Dr. Park!Frances M.7/20/2019
- Dr. Park is amazing!
After going to two different specialists who were very pricey and were basically experimenting on my cat, I found Intergrative Ophthalmology, which is decently priced and incomparable in service to the other two Specialists.
From the very first appointment, Dr. Park was very thorough in her examination and explanation to us. She was very supportive and made us feel very comfortable with her level of knowledge and services. We came in very concerned about my cat's Uveitis as it had spread to both of his eyes. Dr. Park followed up consistently with us and was always very responsive to our emails and texts. She answered all of our questions, and has gone above and beyond our expectations.Abigail G.6/23/2016
- Dr. Park is phenomenal! My dog had progressive eye irritation that just kept getting worse. We took her to the regular vet twice before they told us to see an eyes specialist. Dr. Park was able to see us within a couple days and knew what the problem was immediately. She guided us through some more conservative measures and then some stronger medication. She checked in with us via phone and email throughout the process and was always willing to answer questions. It was such a relief to know that our dog was in good hands. Our pup is as good as new now, and we have Dr. Park to thank. I can't recommend her enough!Lindsay B.3/30/2018
- Dr. Park is the BEST! She has been seeing our dog since 2015, and because of her, his eyes are in the best condition they could be. She is thorough and thoughtful in her examination, diagnosis, and follow up. I am grateful for Dr. Park and everything she has done for our dog to make him comfortable and happy.Yvonne L.1/18/2019
- Still 5 stars, Dr Nancy is great, patient in explanting to dog parents and I noticed they have a new online confirmation system for appointments. I also appreciate that they are prompt in responding to emails and sent me my invoices and treatment report quickly. Parking is a little tight in the lot so come prepared for that.Arielle V.2/02/2019
- I found Integrative Ophthalmology on Yelp as I needed to take my bull terrier Lotti for a professional eye examination. I called in and made an appointment over the phone and online, it was very simple. When we showed up for the appointment it was easy parking and the office was really nice and pleasant. The young lady at reception was really nice and welcoming, she made us feel very comfortable. Another young lady then took us to the examination room where she done a general check on Lotti, she was really sweet with Lotti and again made us all feel very comfortable. Finally the doctor came in and gave a very thorough and deep examination of her eyes. Her bedside manner was exceptional and so sweet with Lotti. She explained everything in detail and we left there feeling 100% taken care of. I would feel comfortable recommending this place to anyone.Michael Citrone8/10/2019
- Our Pitbull mix Dollar, for about three years, had an issue with his right eye that made him tear up and squint. We took him to Dr. Park two years ago and he was diagnosed with entropion but we were very hesitant to commit to surgery. Instead of steamrolling our concerns about surgery, Dr. Park and her wonderful vet techs tried everything to allay his eye issue non-surgically and recommended diet tips as well (Dollar also has a lot of skin allergies). Finally we decided the only way to truly fix his condition was with surgery and now he's doing much better! They were very transparent and upfront with what the procedure would involve and the cost. All our questions and concerns were answered promptly and they were wonderful handling our dog, who is not the easiest dog to deal with (he's super energetic and strong). I'm really happy to see both of Dollar's eyes again and I'm very pleased that his recovery went pretty smoothly. I also appreciate how after every visit you get emailed a very thorough recap of what was discussed. These are people who truly care and want the best for your pet. Thank you so much Dr. Park!Sara S.2/15/2019
- I had been very worried about my dog's scratched cornea. The vet recommended taking her to a vet ophthalmologist. The first two referrals were full for 3 weeks. The final one (IOP) was closed for the day on Friday so I left a message. I received a call back on Monday with an appointment for Tuesday--Yay!
My doggie ended up having a Linear Grid Keratotomy for her Indolent Erosion (technical terms). She is now on multiple eye drops and oral medications until the follow up visit.
I was very impressed with the whole practice. Having all the details emailed post procedure, including medication sheets and notes on pet's condition, was perfect. It also included what to expect in her eye healing over the coming week. It is always nice to be able to read a doctor's notes when you are at home and relaxed vs. any scribbled notes I might make at an appointment while full of anxiety. At this stage, I am very glad the first two offices called were booked:)
And check out the boba place across the street. It's really good.Amy S.1/30/2020
- Really a wonderful and compassionate doctor and staff. They took a lot of time to answer all of my questions and treated my dog Domino with kindness and love for his exam. Unfortunately Domino has SARDS, a condition that is not really yet understood by Vets anywhere, so there isn't really much to be done for Dom aside from experimental treatments. Again, they took me through all of the various options and gave me a realistic prognosis and did it all very very kindly. If your pet has eye issues I highly recommend Dr Park Dorner and her staff. I wish all the doctors me & my dogs see could be like this.Chauncey G.10/25/2021
- I can only say that I wish my Ophthalmologist would treat me like this Doctor takes care of my Havanese. I found Dr. Park through diligent research on the internet. Getting in touch with her and listening to her approach truly impreseseed me. Doctor spent a good amount of time going through my boy's general health and then a very in depth exam of his eyes. I was concerned at near 14 years of age that the slight haze was the dreaded cataracts. Dr. Park then explained every detail of the ageing process for his specific eyes, and she assured me that everything was about normal. No fancy drugs, just some very sound eye health and preventive maintenance. She even supplied me with really excellent eye cleaning remedies that you have right at home. Dr. Nancy Park is a true gift the animal community.Douglas C.7/06/2017
- I am so thankful to have found Dr. Park here in Yelp to treat my fur baby who had a bad ulceration on his right eye. I was so scared for him but Dr. Park was very knowledgable and gentle, it gave me comfort and piece of mind that my fur baby will be okay because she will help him get better and he definitely did after multiple eyedrops and oral meds prescribed by her! Dr. Park is definitely not after the money but the welfare of our pets!! I wouldnt be surprised if she gets her own space for her clinic because she deserves it! Thanks to Dr. Park my baby's eye healed up really well! Will definitely recommend her to friends and family!!!Mrsm M.10/26/2017
- Dr Park and her staff were excellent. Very calm and reassuring. Very thorough. It really seemed like they are honestly invested in the animals well-being. The office is clean and welcoming. Dr Park took the time to fully explain everything that was going on, and the coming procedure in language that I could understand. I can't tell you how much that helped. Alleviated a lot of the fear and dread associated with the problem, and let me truly concentrate on how to get my girl well again. The prices are not cheap, but this is a specialist practice, so I wasn't expecting a bargain. I think the prices are fair, and the extra steps taken make it very much worth the money you are spending. They accept CareCredit, so that helps a lot. I would highly recommend IOP to anyone that cares deeply about their pet. I will be posting a follow-up when the procedure is done.Jaimes M.10/05/2019