Hello and thank you for considering us in your decision for you for your pet! Please review the information below for info on our Exam, Fees, Forms, and Directions.
The timeframe of our exams range from 15 to 45 minutes, depending on the type of exam. During the Initial Exam, ocular anatomy will be reviewed so that you can better understand your pet’s eye condition(s) and our recommendations. Because we do evaluate your pet as a whole, we will and discuss any systemic problems that may have contributed to your pet’s eye condition(s), if relevant. If we find there are systemic concerns, then we will recommend you consult with your primary veterinarian.
During your consult, we will discuss if there are other dietary changes or oral supplements that we believe may help with the eyes. We believe treating your pet is a team effort and so we also want you, the pet parent, to play an active role in formulating the treatment plan. This is not about us just telling you what to do. Our goal is to give you all the information we have and offer different options so that you can make the best decision for you and your pet based on your beliefs and lifestyle.
NEW PATIENT REGISTRATION FORMS
The fees for our exams include a Schirmer Tear Test (usually for dogs only, to measure tear production), a Tonometry (to check eye pressure) and a Fluorescein stain test (to test for ulcers, corneal health and tear quality). All diagnostics are considered standard to assess the overall health of the eye. That said, depending on the condition and situation, all diagnostics may not be performed.
- Initial Comprehensive Exam: $290.00 (45 min)
- Recheck Exam: $160.00 (30 min)
- Recheck Exam (>18 months, 30 min): $210.00 (45 min)
- Spot Checks: $75.00 (15 min)
- Single diagnostic check-ups in between regular full exams that are often performed by a trained technician and not necessarily the doctor.
- Scheduled only by instruction of the doctor
- Eye Wellness Exam: $70.00 (15 min)
- Please inquire for further details to see if your pet may qualify for this limited preventative eye exam – these are for pets without current eye problems. The goal of these exams is to provide information and educate owners on how to try to prevent eye problems and how to detect eye problems early.
- Initial Exam for Exotics: $200.00 (30 to 45 min)
- Typically, our doctors and your general exotics veterinarian will need to work together to formulate a medical plan for your pet as we are not exotics specialists.
- Exams for Rescue Organizations (501 c3)
- If a pet is under the care and responsibility of a 501 c3 organization please let us know in advance. With proper documentation we are pleased to offer discounts on the exam and surgical fees as our way to give back and help these animals.
Feel free to contact us to set up an appointment. Once you have made your appointment, please send us your completed Registration Forms and be sure to bring any oral and topical meds you have for your pet along with an E-collar (i.e. Elizabethan Collar, ‘Lamp Shade’, ‘Cone of Shame’, etc.) if you already own one. We look forward to helping you and your pet very soon!
METRO CONSTRUCTION TRAFFIC AND DIRECTIONS
Due to construction for the Metro Purple Line Extension, Wilshire Blvd will be affected increasing chances of traffic. There will be intermittent road closures and left/right turns prohibited ocassionally on various streets. This is subject to change on any given day and completely out of our control. That said, we recommend giving yourself enough travel time to ensure that you arrive to your appointment on time.
Our parking lot has a Wilshire entrance (eastbound access) and a Sycamore entrance (south of Wilshire). Again, it is recommended that you give yourself enough travel time as intermittently, one of the two entrances are blocked due to construction.
We recommend using your preferred navigation system (i.e. Google Maps, Apple Maps, Waze, Yelp, etc.) to guide you through the area in case one or more streets are blocked. Occasionally, clients have been able to travel around the block along 8th street and/or find 2 hour street parking along Sycamore Avenue in cases where our lot has not been easily accessible.
More information is available at https://www.metro.net/projects/westside/